Monday, September 8, 2008

Travel Blog #1

Hi Everyone!
So the Irreverent Sarcastic Smartypants Disability Tour is underway...I successfully got all my shit moved out of my Seattle place and into storage, and breezed into San Francisco just in time for a fucking amazing 31st birthday with my fabulous host bruin. We had the most amazing sushi EVER followed by delectable birthday tomato sorbet. Yum! Then it was off to see Spring Awakening, which opened here that night. It was amazing. I'm obsessed now.

The next night I got to see an amazing show, Sins Invalid that was a bunch of awesome folks doing radical performances around disability and sexuality. It was truly amazing. I fucking cried at some point during almost every piece, because, frankly, it was incredible just to hear that stuff being talked about.

To round out a seriously queer intro to my sojourn in San Francisco, bruin and i went to see Mamma Mia! on Saturday evening. Sooo campy. Fuck. Sadly, it was supposed to be a sing-along version and no one sang along. I would have, but i didn't know the songs. Isn't that what musicals are for?

The last couple days I've been doing some writing, wandering around the city, and generally taking it easy. And cooking some of the deliciousness that we got at the farmers market on Saturday. I have so missed cooking. Fuck you, former shoebox studio with camper sink and mini-fridge!

Sadly, my computer died the day before I got here and it's going to take 10 more days to get it back from repair. So i will update when i can...

hope everyone's well!
hearts and sparkles,
colin

2 comments:

ᏉᎵ ᎠᏎᎩ said...

Hooray! HoooooRAAAAY!

lyndsey said...

um... you call yourself a fag, with that background. i faint in horror.

i'm jealous of the sushi and the musicals and the food and pretty much all that you wrote! poo.